Discover more about scheduling meetings on Vscene.
Schedule a meeting
You can schedule a meeting by selecting the Schedule button on your Home page.
Upon selecting the Schedule button, you will be taken to the Schedule Meeting page. Here you can add the title of your meeting, a description or note for the users taking part in the meeting, the date you would like to schedule your meeting for, as well as the start and finishing time.
Other features available for your scheduled meeting include:
- Guest: This is where you will invite the guest you would like to participate in the scheduled meeting. Just enter an email address to invite someone to participate.
- Members: This is where you invite Registered Vscene members that you would like to participate in the scheduled meeting.
- Moderators: Moderators of a meeting are given the ability to manage the meeting; they are able to call registered room systems into the meeting, invite new guests to the meeting and manage users in the meeting.
- Room Systems: Here you can search for and add registered room systems that will be dialed in for when your meeting is set to take place. If you wish to only add the Room system but not be called, simply untick Dial Out.
- Repeat: by selecting Repeat, you are able to set your scheduled meeting to be recurring. Options within Repeat include whether the meeting will happen Daily, Weekly or Monthly, the date that the repeated meetings will end on, or how many repetitions of the meeting will be had.
- Enable PIN: When selected you will be able to add an extra layer of security to your meeting with a 4 number pin.
- Record this meeting: Selecting this box will enable recording of both audio and video in your meeting.
- N.B. Recording will automatically stop 1 minute after the scheduled meeting time if nobody partakes in the meeting. The recording cannot re-start. Ensuring that invited users attend the meeting on time will avoid this, or alternatively do not select Record here, but simply enable recording when in the meeting instead.
- Record content full screen: Selecting this box in addition to Record this meeting box will alter the recording to prefer the screen share.
- Webcasting: The link to a live stream of the meeting will be emailed to the meeting creator shortly before the meeting begins. Webcasting cannot set earlier than 10 minutes before the meeting start time.
- Waiting Room: To use the waiting room feature a meeting organiser must select that option when scheduling a meeting. The scheduled meeting will then direct participants to the waiting room until the meeting organiser joins the call. Once the meeting organiser joins, the participants will be able to click the 'Join call' button and enter the call. Participants are also given the opportunity to decide whether they want their microphones and cameras on or off before they enter the call.
If you have any questions, you can contact the support team via email or telephone:
t: +44 (0) 3300 200 404